Someone please tell me what is wrong with my resume?
I have been applying for more than a month and not even gotten a call back. I think there is something wrong with my resume. Can you tell me what you think. Any ideas why I am not even getting a call back. Everything is on line now.
I interview well, but I have not gotten an interview.
How can I make this resume better?
Thanks in advance.
(note:Advice from HR and consultant are more appreciated,u know all about it)
I pasted my resume below,
• London SE6
• +44 (0)7545094603
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
• Systems: Microsoft windows (Advanced knowledge), UNIX and Linux
• Hardware: Servers, Hubs, Routers, Switches and PC’s
• Software: MS Office Suite and MS SQL Server
• Networking: TCP/IP and Ethernet
• Languages: Visual Basic, C, C++ and HTML
• Stimulating various Microprocessor programs.
• Integrating hardware and software with VHDL programs.
• Designed various circuits to provide a defined output.
• Excellent communication, analytical and management skills
• Determined, innovative and creative
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
Fluent lingual skills:
• English and Tamil.
2008 – 2009
British Institute of Technology and E-Commerce LONDON,U.K. (COVENTRY UNIVERSITY)
M.B.A. in Innovative management
• Core subjects: Strategy, Marketing, Management of information system, Innovative management, Supply chain management, Quality management and Finance.
• Dissertation research in Supply chain management.
2003 – 2007
SRM UNIVERSITY CHENNAI, INDIA
B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Core subjects: Electronics Circuits, Digital Communication, microprocessor, Information Theory, Computer Architecture and Micro controller, Satellite Communication, Radar and Navigational Aids, Engineering Economics and Management.
• Dissertation research in Wireless Communication Engineering.
Dhillon Investment limited, London March 08 – Ongoing
Job Title: Assistant Manager
• Responsible for the supervision of a staff of twenty people within the organization
• Responsible for the recruitment and training of employees.
• Responsibilities included customer service, Marketing of the shop and maintaining the labour and food cost under the margin giving the store highest amount of net profit.
• Maintenance of the day books which includes purchase, sales, receipts, and payments
DELL INTERNATIONAL, INDIA Jun 07 – Jan 08
Job Title: Sales Executive (B2B)
• To sell Dell computers and peripherals over the phone.
• To work in a team in a target driven environment.
• Cross selling and up selling of the product to generate more revenue.
• Maintaining and chasing sales leads, and gathering market and customer information.
• Provide excellent customer services and communication with different departments to resolve customer’s queries.
• Awarded as the “Best revenue generator”.
• Introduced new pilot team to improve customer satisfaction by 20%.
• Various changes and improvements suggested by me was recognized and implemented in the organization.
• Proactively worked as a project coordinator in different in house projects.
Forever Living Products (FLP), INDIA July 05 – Feb 06 Job Title: Business development executive (B2B)
• To sell and distribute the FLP products through chain marketing and direct selling.
• Involved outbound cold and warm calling.
• To lead team of 25 trainees and to identify customer group by segmentation.
• To create leads and organize meeting with prospective business customers.
• Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations.
International YES Summit, CHENNAI, INDIA May 05 – June 05 Job Title: Event coordinator.
• Coordinated and volunteered for organizing venue for delegates from 88 countries.
• To manage conferences, distribution of agenda, space allocation, entertainment etc.
• To work in team and to provide all the help in the event from reception of delegates, entertainment, and till send off.
REFERENCE: Available on request.
PRABALAN PANNEER SELVAM
Is there any chance that you can find out who the companies are that you are applying to and submit a physical resume? Jobs post on-line unfortunately decrease your odds of getting an interview. On average for every 200 resumes received, only 1 is granted an interview.
I have a large amount of experience for getting the proverbial foot in the door, and honestly it has nothing to initially do with the wording on the resume. If they never open your resume to read it, they’ll never know how great you would be for the job. Once they go to read it, you also need to treat your resume like a brochure advertising you, put more of your personality into it so they meet you, before they meet you.
Creating an amazing physical resume and personally delivering it would make a world of difference.
To learn more about this, as well as ways to increase your odds of getting an interview or job please take a look at the website below.
Best of luck!
on: 19th May 10